BabysittingKeep these safety tips in mind; they will make your babysitting experience both safe and fun.
- Know what to do in emergencies by being prepared for one, knowing what could happen and how to react to it.
- Always know where the emergency exits are located.
- Keep doors and windows locked for the safety of both you and the children.
- Know where "dangerous" items are located such as medicines, bleaches, household cleaners and electrical appliances. Keep them out of children's reach if parents have not locked them away in a secure place.
- In case of accident or illness, don't try to be a doctor or nurse except for minor cuts and bruises.
- Keep your babysitter's "emergency checklist" handy.
- Depend on parent/guardian or a neighbor in any emergency situation that you are not sure how to handle yourself.
- Prevent play accidents by keeping yourself safe. Supervise where children play, what they play with. Teach them safe play.
Babysitters Fire Safety Checklist